Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Chicken Feeder Candlelight

Today I'm sharing with you one of my 'aha' moments.  While getting ready for a romantic dinner outside tonight (It's our 31st anniversary!) I was looking around for some extra candles/lighting.  Being on a tight budget I did what I normally do -- shop my own house! I came across this chicken feeder I had purchased a while ago and never did anything with it.
 I thought the holes were perfect to hold flowers so I filled it with water and gathered a few wild flowers from my yard.  
 To cover the hole inside, I just laid in a canning jar lid so I can place a candle inside without it falling into the water!
  I added a battery-operated (for obvious reasons lol) tea light candle and screwed the jar back on.  This will go on our table but if you added a few chains to it, it would sure look pretty hanging as well I think.
 Free ambiance!  
Do you ever "shop" your own house?






10 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren and aren't you the most clever one? This turned out just beautiful and happy anniversary to you and your husband. Thank you so much for your advice for my living room. I like that idea of the mirrors.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    Happy Anniversary! 31 years, that's so special. wow, this is a clever idea. I've never seen one of these chicken feeders before. And you've turned it into something functional and lovely at the same time. I hope you have a nice dinner tonight, and I wish you many more years of love.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! The candlelight is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren, first of all happy anniversary to you and your hubby - quite the milestone. Your chicken feeder is adorable and a great idea. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! The clever feeder is just the right ambiance, too!! What a great idea.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea. I'm always looking around my house at my 'stuff', figuring out what I should change or use differently. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! I'm wishing you many happy years ahead. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the time! I do not have chicken feeders... that one is really cool! Love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't resist such a cute idea, you are featured this week at Ivy and elephants!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't resist such a cute idea, you are featured this week at Ivy and elephants!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!