Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Valentine's Day Warms My Heart!

 I think my favorite holiday to decorate for is definitely Valentine's Day.  The Christmas decorations come down, the house gets a good cleaning and then, the Valentine decorations go right up.  

I search all year long for vintage items to incorporate including these angels and postcards.
 How great is this book?? Love IS eternal!
This old bottle capping device is usually out all year but gets moved around and accessorized with the different holidays.

I also love decorating and filling small drawers around the house for the holidays.  This little drawer is in my buffet in the dining room.
Battening down the hatches for the coldest temps of the year here in Chicagoland so having my cheerful Valentine decorations up may not warm my toes but will definitely warm my heart!
















3 comments:

  1. Bonjour,

    Une belle charnière entre les fêtes de fin d'année et le printemps que la fête de la Saint Valentin... Merci de partager avec nous vos merveilleuses photos de décoration.

    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave winter decor up until the end of February (sans Christmas) then add in some red, too! I bought some cute little glitter hearts on sticks that I will tuck into the front door wreath, potted plants, etc. Valentine's is a sweet "holiday"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house always seem so bare when the Christmas decor comes down. I don't usually decorate for Valentines, but I can appreciate it in other people's homes. Yours looks warm and cozy. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!