Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Music Prints

These are the first of my Christmas projects using the same technique as my Easter prints.  It's really easy and this way, you don't have to have the original music and you can resize it to fit your needs.
For these I just googled the particular songs as well as "vintage Christmas" images to find ones that went together.
 After they were distressed and 'aged' to my liking, I added a bit of ultra fine glitter to some parts.  I just had to highlight the little red coat, hat and boots!











The instructions for printing the tags is also on the Easter Print post.  I like to find a particular phrase or words from the songs and put that on the tags.  I stamped/embossed this Bethlehem scene on one and pine branches highlighted with glitter on the other.
To save money, I often just replace year-round prints in my frames with these for the holidays.  The tags are adhered with 'sticky tack' so they can be taken off later and stored with the pictures until next year.
I haven't gotten around to replacing the flowers or decorating the window for Christmas but this is how they look in the grouping.


And now to switch gears again and get ready for Thanksgiving!  May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends.  
 

15 comments:

  1. I love those sweet tags, Lauren. It's been a long time since I've done any stamping. But I do love it. Thanks so much for visiting Take Six.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! And I remember that's how we became friends! I saw a beautiful page you made last Easter and asked you about the graphic you used....and you were so sweet to share it with me! Now I'll have to get busy and work on this technique for Christmas! Have a wonderful week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable stuff Lauren. I love the hint of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, these are so pretty! I love each one of them! Thanks for sharing how to do these too! I always need a a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing how to make these, Lauren. They are wonderful and classic! I can't wait to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Lauren,
    Beautifully done. I really love what you did with the tags very rustic. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.
    Have a great day,
    Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lauren, I'm a new follower and love your blog! This post with the music sheet and vintage post card is such a cute idea. I tried to follow your Easter tutorial but can't figure out how to superimpose the post card imagine correctly on the music paper. I'd love it if you could share any ideas how I can do it correctly, otherwise I'm going to keep trying to see if I can figure out how to add the two images together correctly. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration today.
    Hugz,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are just beautiful. I've found someone who loves glittering things up as much as I do.
    lol Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauren,
    These are so very pretty! Great job!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. Thank you for sharing and for linking up to last weeks show and share party. Please come back this week and share your latest project with us.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of yellow
    wjwiki07@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful art, and scripture tags.
    Just saw you have Ps 139 at top of your blog. It is my very fave. Memorized it so it is always in my heart. Now I know why you love the Ps 139 jars. =)

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My! Absolutely gorgeous! You are brilliant with how you have layered the images with music. Very festive!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave your comment!